If you have decided to file for divorce, there are plenty of factors to consider. The first thing is to contact Mellany Marquez-Kelly, Fort Myers divorce attorney for a consultation of the process and your options which may include going to court.
Of the many things, you will need assistance with from Marques Kelly Law is the understanding of possible social costs and the possible emotional trauma that it may bring to the children.
One of the things you need to learn is the different kinds of divorce under Florida law. Knowing the different kinds of divorce will help you study what you with the guidance of Mellany Marquez-Kelly, a Fort Myers family law attorney through 239-214-0403 or (239) 839-8055 ( Spanish).
Here are the various types of divorce that you must be familiar with:
The Simplified Dissolution of Marriage or the simple divorce
As the name implies, this kind of divorce is the easiest to file since it happens between couples with no minor children and no alimony claims. Generally speaking, the requisites of a simple divorce under Florida law are the following:
- There is an agreement by the couple that the marriage is irretrievably broken;
- The couple has no minor children in the duration of the marriage;
- The female spouse is not pregnant when the divorce was filed;
- There is a presence of a financial affidavit executed by both spouses unless a waiver was made by the couple;
- There is a presence of a property settlement agreement, with or without the existence of actual property between spouses;
- The couple attends the final hearing unless it is waived unanimously by both parties.
Regular Dissolution of marriage
Your Fort Myers family law attorney will advise that there are two types of divorce under this category: the uncontested divorce and the contested divorce. In an uncontested divorce, only one spouse files in court and the other agrees in the settlement of alimony and child custody. A contested divorce, on the other hand, happens when the parties cannot agree about the terms of a divorce or about getting divorce per se.
Divorce is not a simple thing. If after reading, you now have decided to finally file for a divorce, you can call and contact Mellany Marquez-Kelly, a Fort Myers divorce lawyer at 239-214-0403 or (239) 839-8055 ( Spanish) or through the website address: https://www.marquezkellylaw.com/divorce-attorney-lawyer-in-cape-coral-fl.html with service area at Cape Coral and Fort Myers.