Are you currently thinking of adopting a child?
Adoption offers a win-win experience between concerned adopting parents and the child. It allows the child to have a family. Besides, it gives a couple the chance to experience how it is to have a child or to expand the family.
If you are living in the Sunshine State and you are planning to adopt a child, here are 5 essential things you need to know about Florida law adoption: Contact Mellany Marquez-Kelly for a complete process evaluation.
- Hire your adoption lawyer first. Then work together for the addition of an adoption worker.
- Prepare for the adoption by attending orientations and preparation courses. You will be referred to counselors and will be exposed to parents who successfully adopted a child so that you will have an idea of what to expect before, during, and after the process.
- Expect a home study. As mentioned earlier, your adoption worker will conduct the home study to see if your home is ready to receive the child. This process includes checking the background and lifestyle of everyone in the family.
- Meet prospective adoptive children. This is part of the child adoption process. If you have been approved after the home study, it is time to meet the child. Children put up for adoption are easily made available through the internet. You can visit the child, or the child can meet you at your home.
- Coordinating the official placement of the child. The initial visits of the child to your home or vice versa can be short but you will eventually have a longer time for the child. For the child to be officially placed, you, the child, and the adoption worker need to agree on the proper moment for placement.
If you are starting to build a relationship with the child, you can finalize the adoption by filing a final petition for adoption within 60 days of home placement. You can ask the help of an adoption lawyer Cape Coral who can help you with the Florida law adoption process. Interested in a free half-hour consultation? Contact Mellany Marquez-Kelly here.